I know I’m a week late on this, but here’s a look at the newly released 2012 schedule for the returning Super Bowl champion New York Giant, as well as some interesting statistics to keep in mind.
- The Giants play five prime time games (including 3 of their first 4 contests).
- The Giants face all three NFC teams they beat in the playoffs last year (Atlanta, Green Bay, San Francisco).
- They begin and end the season at home against NFC east rivals (Week 1 vs. Dallas and Week 17 vs Philly respectively).
- The Giants face three 2011 Playoff teams both in November (Pittsburg, Cincinnati and Green Bay) and in December (New Orleans, Atlanta and Baltimore).
- The 2012 season will be the second in a row where they begin their season against the same team they played in the previous regular season finale.
- The Giants are 17-11 all time in season-opening home games (5-1 on season-opening Wednesday nights as is the case this year).
- Pre-Season Schedule has been finalized.
Fri. 8/10 @ Jacksonville (7:30 PM)
Sat. 8/18 @ NY Jets (7:00 PM)
Fri. 8/24 vs. Chicago (8:00 PM)
Wed. 8/29 vs. New England (7:30 PM)
- The Giants are subject to the NFL’s flexible scheduling in Weeks 11-17.